Pianists from around the world rely upon the expert advice and guidance of Robert Estrin. Now, you can take private piano lessons from the comfort of your own home!
What you need:
- A reliable broadband internet connection
- Any modern device (computer, iPad, smartphone) with a built in camera and microphone.
- Video streaming software of your choice: FaceTime, Facebook Messenger, Skype, Zoom or Hangouts
- A PayPal or Venmo account for paying for lessons.
If you need technical assistance in order to get your system up to a standard for enjoying productive lessons, support in advance of your first lesson is available for a one time fee of $25 for a technical support session.
How it works:
- Please include a brief description of what you are after in lessons. Also, please list the pieces you are currently working on. You can also include pieces you have studied in the past as well as music you would like to work on.
- Email info@LivingPianos.com to request a lesson time. Let us know if you plan on regular weekly lessons or if you are setting up a single appointment. Please provide several lesson times or range of times that work for you. Upon acceptance, you will receive notification of your lesson time along with a payment request from PayPal and Venmo. (You can pay with either source.)
- At the time of the lesson, you will be notified on your device that the lesson has begun. There are no refunds for missed lessons without at least 24 hours advance notice.
Robert Estrin Teaching Method
Robert is a second generation concert pianist. He began teaching the piano assisting his father, concert pianist, Morton Estrin while still in high school as his sister, Coren Estrin Mino did before him.
Estrin believes that while correcting mistakes, refining performances, assigning repertoire, working on technique, sight-reading, and theory are all important parts of teaching the piano, the most important thing is:
Teaching how to practice.
No matter how productive lessons are, it is the productivity of practice on the other 6 days a week that will make the biggest difference in what you get out of lessons.
After a lesson with a great teacher, you not only will have accomplished something during the lesson, but you will have a clear idea of exactly how to approach your daily practice routine the following week with great effectiveness. This is the most important thing a teacher provides for students.
If you would like more information, or would like to set up a lesson, please email: